Let me tell you about: Dizzy land.
I currently have a free pass, there are no costumed cartoon characters walking around and there are virtually no rides except for these few...
The Queasy: A kiddie ride that makes you a little disoriented.
The Wobbler: A more adult size ride that makes walking from one room to another a little difficult.
The Can't Stand Up: A serious spinning ride that makes sitting up impossible and requires a lot of patience in order to wait until it passes.
The VERTIGO: No one gets off this one alive...
I've been stuck on the Wobbler for hours and hours at a time, nearly everyday for at least the last 2 weeks. I'm also discovering new pains as each day passes in Dizzy Land. Recurring upper back pain (as I posted about before) some neck pain that just spiked last night in the general area of the original lump. It radiates up towards the base of my skull. This pain makes sneezing hurt again.
And when I'm not enjoying the rides in Dizzy Land I'm spending most of the day asleep. I can average about 6-7 good AWAKE hours a day (sometimes in a row) before I start to feel the fatigue dragging me back down. I start to nod off around 6-7pm...I'm practically useless by 9.
I had a sort of funny thought about an old PSA when I was a kid. Remember the Public Service Announcements about drugs?
"This is your brain, This is your brain on drugs"
Well, if I'm sleeping this much now and I'm not on chemo yet...how much more tired am I gonna be when my "Cancer is on drugs"?
Can't wait to find out.
Hopefully there's a rule about being on chemo and being in Dizzy Land at the same time which gets me kicked out. Don't really like Dizzy Land, I gotta be honest.
