Actually went outside today. Tried wearing regular clothes and feeling a little less like a discharged surgery patient and more like myself. Went to a nearby grocery store and took a walk around doing some minor shopping, it tired me out a lot faster than I expected but it felt good to be standing up a lot longer than I have been recently.
I am astounded by how many channels I have and still can't find anything remotely interesting to watch on TV. How much money do TV exec's make anyway? They should all be fired!
Anyway, while I rested up from my excursion outside Dawn took the Christmas lights down and we eventually started talking about work, money and the hospital bills starting to roll in. A bill for my PET/CT scan back in November hit our mailbox today billing me/us for $1600.00 of the $5700.00 for the scan. I can't wait until the surgery bills start to roll in. You can't affored to get sick in this country and expect to survive the daily living expenses let alone survive your illness.
We are looking at alternative sources of income, considering job changes someday based entirely on the need for better healthcare coverage. (if finding such a thing is at all possible) and just trying to figure out if we can make it on disability coverage provided by the state or for the time being provided by my current employer-Starbucks. The other guy I'm working for under the table is a fine source of income but with him I don't exist on the books and there is always the "what if" I can't work because the Chemo knocks me for a loop. If I can't work for him, I don't get paid.
Sure Dawn is working but this time of year the hotel buisness slows down and the inbound calls for lost guest items and claims to be adjusted are far and few between. So money can be made (slowly) but our over head is expanding and when left alone long enough to think about these things, life starts to wear you down.
I know it will work itself out (more or less), maybe I'll be able to work more than I think I might during chemo. Maybe we'll find an alternative insurance option to cover things until late summer. Maybe if I play the lottery I'll hit the jackpot and pay for it all with my winnings...and go on a cruise afterward.
I do wish the world would stop spinning for a few weeks, so we could catch our breath, but it just doesn't work that way.
