Friday and Saturday proved to be my worst days on Chemo.
Sunday wasn't nearly as bad and I was able to spend some time at my in-laws celebrating birthdays that afternoon. I ate light and was aware of my stomache the whole day. It seems that "Ritz crackers" and "Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts" do a good job curbing the discomfort.
I could easily get sick of nibbling on these things but they seem to work so I've stocked up.
By Sunday night I was fairly aware that the automatic dizziness that seemed to accompany me almost everywhere since Surgery had subsided. I haven't been dizzy since sometime on Saturday. If I move too quickly or stand up too fast I will get dizzy but the "constantly always" dizziness that was getting in my way seems to have stopped.
I don't know if that is a result of the first dosage of chemo or not but Dr L said the dizziness would stop once the lymph nodes started to get smaller. So maybe one dose of chemo has already started to work on them.
I have an appointment tonight with the Dr who is going to insert the Port-a-catheter in my chest. I need it inserted before Feb 9th for my next treatment. Tonight is just a consultation and these meet and greets with Dr's are getting to be a pain. Can't get anything done until you meet the Dr first. I'm sure it serves a purpose, but it just seems to waste time.
I also have bloodwork scheduled for this Friday to see how my white blood cells are doing on the "Neulasta" and to discuss the results of my Bone marrow last week.
I'm guessing this coming week will be my feel better week until I get to my next Chemo and start it all over again...
