Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Planet Cancer

www.planetcancer.org

I found this site the other day. I just took a look around.

From the welcome note to "cancertainment" (where I found cartoons and humor on the subject) to "store" (where some interesting retailers are selling some funny cancer-centric apparel) to the banner at the top of the web page that changes everytime you refresh the page...

These people are who I've been looking for. I'm thinking of making them my home page.


I learned today talking to Dawn on her way home from a meeting from her other work from home gig (NJ RIMS-NJ Risk Insurance Management Society) the one gig that requires her to travel once a month that the lady in charge of the NJ chapter of RIMS has a daughter who survived the same cancer that recently took the life of a local Morristown girl whose story made the Starledger a couple weeks back. (I provided a link to her mom's site on Caringbridge.com a few posts ago)

It's amazing how small the world really is when you find people everywhere have been touched by this disease.

1 and 3 people are diagnosed with somekind of Cancer everyday. It's really scary.

According to the Lance Armstrong Foundation website: www.livestrong.org NJ has the 3rd highest rate of cancer incidence in the US.

It's time to move west. To a desert, perhaps. A place that rhymes with..."BEVADA". With a lot less people per square inch than Jersey. A place that doesn't even chart on the LAF website as having a measurable rate of cancer incidence.

I may have been born and raised here, but I think it's high time to get the hell out of Dodge.

Just a thought. Dawn and I have been talking about it. No immediate plans of course but we are thinking about it.

We'll see.