Saturday, January 27, 2007

Feel like crap...

It took about 9 hours for the drugs to hit me. Around 3 pm I developed a headache, by 7 pm I started getting really queasy which eventually lead to nasty dizzy spells and nausea that didn't subside until very late last night. I had read once that the initial reaction to chemo can feel like a hang over...maybe that's what that was.

Since I never really drank to get drunk I don't know what a real hang over feels like. (I never really enjoyed getting a buzz...anyway.)

Last night was a long night.

Today I went for my shot to boost my white blood cells and right now I just feel lousy. Side effects of the Neulasta are flu like symptoms, low grade fever, body aches and bone pain. The bone pain is associated with the drug activating the marrow to make new White blood cells and they advised taking tylenol for that pain.

Going forward on the chemo at any time I spike a fever of 100.5 the office wants a phone call.

Any temp this weekend over 101.0 requires a phone call because the Neulasta fever shouldn't run that high...that would imply infection. So much to look out for and be aware of.

Not to mention the Anti-nausea drugs pumped into my IV yesterday and Vinblastine (the #3 drug in ABVD) tend to Constipate. So I have that to deal with as well. :(

But regardless I'm killing Hodgkin's and that's all that's important now.

Time to grab a nap. Gotta go.