Almost a week since surgery. I'm getting around a lot better. Getting up out of the recliner which has been my temporary bed since coming home has been easier, the muscles I guess are healing.
My appitite is returning. Intestinal activity has also returned. I am having lots of unsual pain in my shoulders however. They (hospital folk) blamed this on the air/gas they filled my belly with for surgery. It apparently got trapped and hasn't escaped yet.
I have tried laying flat and struggle to roll sideways into a sit up, but can't get this to work yet. I've noticed a few times when i'm flat on my back that I (think) I feel a cavity. The spot where the kidney used to be. I also think it's my brain playing tricks on me. Dr. G told me my intestines would fill the void and I think they must have, because when I've noticed gas moving I have felt it in my lower back, and I've never felt that before. (Weird)
We have noticed and are trying to correct some negative behavior being exhibited by my 3 year old son since my coming home. He is reacting very violently at night when the subject of my being a part of his night time ritual comes up. It usually involves him screaming and yelling for "mommy" and reacting like he doesn't know who I am. He won't let me help him brush his teeth and he takes close to an hour to calm down once he starts this new routine.
Dawn thinks it's all tied to my virtual disappearance a week ago. Even though I'm home he sees me moving slowly, sitting primarily in one chair and he knows I can't pick him up. Dawn's gotten him to otherwise admit he thinks I'm different and he doesn't like me since I got my "Boo Boo." He may also fear that I'm going to vanish again and since all of this began in November the habit of finding him a baby sitter while Dawn and I sometimes went to the Dr's together has been a small issue as well.
My daughter (almost 7) seems unaffected by my hospital stay and return. She missed one day of school last week and otherwise hasn't seen her daily life interrupted by this at all. I wish it was that easy with my son.
