Finally had the port-a-catheter inserted into my chest.
It was done as an "out patient" procedure but I was wide awake for the whole 45 minutes it took. I thought they were "knocking me out". But I had a small conversation with Dr S. about half way through. Felt a lot of pressure, some pinching, some burning, I winced a few times and got more local anesthesia. (I winced a quite a few times actually.)
Dr S. (the surgeon) left the port "accessed" with a needle in it already for quick access tomorrow for chemo. I can't shower until after chemo tomorrow and I have this ugly orange stain on my skin from the topical anesthetic they used to clean the area before surgery.
Hopefully that was/is the last "extra" thing I have to get done until some time in July when the port is removed. I'd rather get a handle on my "chemo/bad weekend + nuelasta/pain week " schedule and roll into July cancer free ready to get on with my life.
My Mom dropped off a nice LARGE bottle of Extra Strength Tylenol to help keep me in OTC pain killers. And I got a prescription for Percocet from Dr S for the incisional pain I will feel over the next few days. Hopefully the nausea won't be so bad this weekend...I can hope right?
Either way I'm prepared this week. Not looking forward to it...but I'm prepared.
