Monday, February 12, 2007

Never been this tired...

One thing that is different this week on Emend which has kept the nausea away...is extreme fatigue. I have never been this tired in my life (that I can remember). Fatigue comes with the chemo, but one of the side effects of Emend is more fatigue apparently.

I feel like a zombie. Napping all weekend and napping today after waking up a few hours earlier. I have no energy.

I got my Nuelasta shot on Sunday instead of Saturday because we were exhausted from running around early the previous two days. My Port went in well but swelled up to the size of a baseball by Saturday night. I'm all black and blue. Thankfully it has come back down...still swollen, but much smaller. The pain from the Nuelasta is working its way thru my bones. Started in my shoulders this morning.

Dawn and the kids shaved my head this weekend. In the anticipation of losing my hair. We don't really know when that will happen but we thought it was easier to involve them so they might not freak out if I wake up one day pulling what do I have left off my head.

Considering how short I was keeping it lately...it wasn't that big an adjustment. Just feels weird because it's not smooth (yet) and my head keeps getting caught on T-shirts and towels right now.

And the beat goes on...