Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Has Hell finally frozen over?

"The Police" are back together and going on tour. I guess hell has frozen over. I was a huge Police fan in the eighties, mostly after they broke up but while it would have been worth seeing them in their hey-day...dropping a hundred bucks on a ticket now to see what has got to be a mediocre concert at best is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

I saw them on the Grammy's Sunday night and they looked terrible. Trying very hard to look like a band.

Once we learned there was going to be a tour I told Dawn I wasn't the least bit interested in seeing them live. I lost interest in Sting at least 8 or 9 years ago on some underwhelming CD he put out that except for one song otherwise sucked. He'd been putting CDs like that out for years. I gave up on him and never looked back.

Getting the Police back together just to make a boat load of money just because they put out their first single 30 years ago (after all these years?) is forced and completely premeditated, and now they're saying they never really hated each other it was all about the music. Yeah right?

They broke up in 1984 or something after their most successful album came out and Sting went on to be a global rock nuisance. Stewart and Andy were kicked to the curb and rarely heard from although I'm sure they kept busy, they were never as large as Sting. And now all of a sudden, Sting decides it's time for them to get back together?

...like I said HELL must be frozen over or this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse or Sting needs the money and now he needs the guys he ditched 25 years ago to help him make that money.

Good for Stewart and Andy. I wish them all the best, I hope they USE Sting for everything he's got. But I won't be going to the Garden to sit in the rafters for this concert.

Maybe I would consider it if it wasn't so contrived. But I don't see it that way.


Anyway...Panic shoppers are out in force today as we're getting ready for 10-16 inches of snow to hit us between tonight and Wednesday morning. They act like we're going to be snow bound for weeks.

It's hysterical. "It's just snow people, it melts."