I recently started writing and posting articles on a website called Helium.com and since they say a writer should write what he knows, I've decided to focus my writing on the things that have become very personal for me and my family in the last couple of months.
1) Cancer. Awareness, treatments, research etc.
2) Health issues in general.
3) Faith. Religion, culture, responsibilty to community.
4) Social justice. Activism, political responsibilty, what's right and what's wrong.
5) Finance issues. Low income, poverty issues, insurance issues/coverage/complications.
6) Sudden adjustments in life. Adapating, evolving, surviving.
7) Finding Humor. Laughing at life, at disease, at the absurdities of life.
I am exploring other avenues to seek publication on the web or otherise. I figure I am going to spend time writing I should do something with it. Something relatively important and not necessarily just for personal gain.
Of course finding an outlet to write and get paid for it would be ideal and since I been writing about my Cancer experince since December of 2006 what else do I know more about right now except all of these things I listed above in one form or another.
It's like my eyes have been opened.
I finally know what to do with what I have been given.
