Thursday, December 14, 2006

Kidney Biopsy

Finally had the kidney biopsy, or needle aspiration...not sure which actually because it did involve a needle but it wasn't as simple as the FNA on my neck. I was sent thru the CT machine face down while the radiology techs zeroed in on my kidney, marked my back and inserted their needle. I was given a local anesthetic but I did feel the needle hit my kidney, that was kind of gross and it didn't tickle. (still doesn't)

The Dr on this case took 6-7 samples of tissue using a needle by going thru the original needle in my back into my kidney. I think they got some pretty good samples.

I then had to sit around with my nurses for 3 hours so they could watch my BP and make sure I didn't have any internal bleeding. I am not supposed to do anything strenuous over the next 2 days, basically no lifting.

If I get dizzy or faint that means I'm bleeding. (call 911)

I think this is finally the 11th hour. Results from my neck biopsy should be back today or tomorrow and my kidney biopsy should be back by Saturday. (plan on Monday or Tuesday realistically).

But I am so close to final answers I can taste it. I just hope and pray the kidney matches the nodes in my neck, otherwise I'll be writing about my Kidney removal surgery next week.

I'd rather write about my first chemo treatment honestly.