I'll be posting on and off for the next two days prior to Kidney Surgery on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, I updated my Profile in case anyone wants more insight into who I am. Otherwise, there hasn't been too much going on these last couple of days, just work and psyching myself into having my kidney removed on Tuesday.
My Vasectomy was a piece of Cake.
My Neck Biopsy, surprised me with the sedation but also a piece of cake.
My Kidney Biopsy, a little more unpleasant but relatively easy and except for my being there required no effort on my part...so, that was a piece of cake too.
Now I know I only have to show up on Tuesday, take a nap and POOF no more kidney. But this is real full on general anesthesia. Tube down the throat, catheter, couple hours in surgery, etc.
All new to me.
Kind of scary. I am at the mercy of a group of people I will only barely meet (not including my urologist who I know of course) and my well being is their hands. I have no say in the matter.
Like I had any say in getting cancer. Absolutely NO CONTROL over that. To my knowledge I did not contribute to the RCC and HL.
So far my Dr's can't tell me how anyone gets either of these cancers. Is it random chance or something else? The words: "Environmental Carcinogen" comes up sometimes, but try googling that...I found a list as long as I am tall. Can't find a villian to pin the blame on.
Anyway, Dawn said she'll post an update here while I'm laid up in the hospital.
I'll post again between Sunday and Monday. At least I plan to...
