Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Busy Week

I have a very busy four days ahead:

Wednesday: 3 pm PET scan.
Thursday: 145 pm (Surgery) Biopsy of lymph node(s)
Friday: 10 am Heart test, 2 pm Pulmonary test (being done prior to treatment begins)
Monday: 945 am Urologist visist to discuss mass on Kidney.
Tuesday: ??? Official diagnosis, treatment plan, what happens next...?

When I last spoke to my Oncologist (Dr. L) a day ago she suggested not needle aspirating the kidney because radiology advised they might not get good cells that way, the only option would be surgery for a biopsy but that would delay treatment and could risk unecessary bleeding/infection/hospital stay etc.

My Oncologist feels treating the cancer first and monitoring my kidney for reaction is the best way to go. My urologist (Dr. G) will review my films and give his 2 cents and hopefully not suggest another option or push for a biopsy first. I'd rather get started...to be honest.

I have a fairly constant pain in my chest because of the enlarged lymph nodes and when that flares up my back also begins to ache, just between the shoulder blades. Again, upon speaking to (Dr. L) she advised taking only Tylenol to avoid unecessary bleeding when I have my biopsy but doesn't feel the pain in my back is related to the nodes in my chest. Until she said "only Tylenol" MOTRIN was my best friend, but Motrin is an asprin derivitive and can cause bleeding.

Crap. Motrin works better than Tylenol. Oh well. More Tylenol, more often. At least until better drugs are prescribed.

So the chances that I will finally know what my near future looks like by Tuesday Dec 12th are pretty good.