Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dr. G thinks I have 2 Cancers...

My Urologist (Dr. G) called today as I am trying to make arrangements for the Kidney FNA (Fine Needle Aspiration) at St. Claires and we discussd his findings on my CT/PET films I left with him yesterday.

Two Dr.s at St. Claires also looked at my films and felt the FNA is necessary because they believe I have TWO cancers going on here. Kidney and lymphoma. So the needle biopsy being scheduled is the best route to see if these things match up and if not, remove the kidney ASAP.

I asked him how cancer can "burn it self out" as he described during my visit. He explained cancer can out grow it's blood supply. Just like weeds in a garden, if you spray weed killer on the roots they die. He said there is movement in cancer research now that is exploring how to treat cancer from this angle. How to cut off blood supply to a cancer thereby killing the cancer.

I've been trying to confirm blood work needed by the hospital has been taken and can be faxed over, I have to collect my films and deliver them to St. Claires before Thursday. I have calls and messages left in two Dr.s offices in two counties, I shouldn't be working this hard...should I?

I'm scheduled for Thursday 9:30 either way.