Tuesday, December 12, 2006

FAITH.

Third post today

I don't know how Faith works exactly. But the bible describes faith as: "Being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." -Hebrews 11:1 (new international translation)

I recall a more poetic translation from the King James but regardless, Proof, Evidence, Substance, Hope, belief that some how all of this is going to be okay. All this running around, all this waiting, aggrivation, anticipation, fear, whatever these last 6 weeks have amounted to have been balanced by a silent peace that seems to run thru me from some distant place that goes back to my earliest days attending church.

Certainly the foundation remains secure. Why I am not entirely rattled to the core by worry and fear is because of that. "There is Power in the Blood" for as often as I have doubted my faith in my life, doubted what I believed sometimes- I have learned that doubt doesn't necessarily mean DISBELIEF.

Just uncertainty.

I am human. I am a just crooked soul trying to stand up straight. My faith faulters, Peter's did too. While standing on the water face to face with Jesus, physically right in front of him within an arms reach, Peter's faith faultered and he started to sink beneath the waves. Peter ate with Jesus, spoke to him, he was there while Jesus multiplied the fish and loaves of bread.

And still his faith faultered.

And Christ would later build his church on Peter. So if my faith is sometimes uncertain, if I even have a sliver of Peter's faith, I have enough. It gets me thru and will see me thru. I am not worried about that.

I have spent nearly 25 years in the Pentacostal church which is the foundation I refered to. Lots of Sunday school and what not.

I believe Christ died for our sins. By his wounds (stripes) we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5) I believe, Period.

"I believe" the chemo will work when I get to it.

This is where faith comes from.
How faith works, I don't know.