Had to visit Dr G (Urologist) today. Discovered some evidence that I might have a Urinary infection. I called trying to get an early appointment for tomorrow, but I must be on the "A" list or something, because they had me come in ASAP or at least before 4:30 today. "Just c'mon in, he'll see you."
Once I saw Dr G he narrowed it down to my Prostate. The typical burning and trace amounts of blood in my urine lead him to believe it's my prostate reacting or continuing to react to my having a catheter during surgery. (2.5 months ago?) He sort of explained how and why the Prostate can do this and the level of severity the "burning" can reach. He placed me between levels 2 and 3.
He prescribed something to deal with it. He talked with Dr L before giving me the script so things don't interfere with Chemo this Friday.
I go back in 6 weeks or sooner if things don't improve with the drugs he prescribed.
We then got to casually talking about his presentation of my case to the 50 doctors I heard about. He said "Yup you're famous". Turns out he's posted bits of my case to medical blogs and he keeps one on his practice. I found his post (which he told me how to find) dated March 16th that he posted on a medical blog that was discussing a study that so far has found PET scans successful in diagnosing Renal Cell Carcinoma.
Tut Tut...not in my case.
My kidney mass didn't show up in my PET scan. That's why they did the biopsy in the first place, which is not usually done on Renal Cell-it's usually just surgery to remove the mass (or the entire kidney), followed by pathology to determine RCC or not. Apparently CAT scans are the only truly reliable source right now.
Dr G posted a comment about that.
He also described to Dawn and I that my case is probably just one of fifty ever recorded. Having these two particular cancers at the same time is just that rare. Finding kidney cancer self contained is pretty hard to do as well. He said when kidney cancer is usually found it's often already metastasized and prognosis is not good.
With that he agrees with Dr L that I am indeed one lucky bastard.
