Almost half way there.
So far most of this weekend I've been way beyond tired. Sleeping like a baby. I also have been getting hic cups which is a side effect of the Emend and that has been causing some discomfort along the lines of acid reflux.
At least that's what it feels like.
Tired Alka Seltzer last night too some relief but not much. I also have some Mylanta or equivilant for what's described as "sour stomach" but I'm not sure if that's what I have. Like usual every chemo weekend is different than the last.
Some good news however...
Spoke to Dr L during my treatment and he told us that a Radiation Oncologist (if that's the proper title) read my CAT scan films and determined that I DO NOT NEED RADIATION! Apparently the mass in my chest was not large enough to warrant radiation.
So after my last treatment (possibly late June or early July) I am done. Free to go.
I will be getting another CT scan around my eighth treatment to see what's left if anything. he expects me to be Cancer free at that time anyway. (That would put me at the end of my 4th cycle) Dr L also explained that he could stop chemo for me at my 4th cycle/8th treatment and give me radiation to finish up but he said he'd rather not because of the possible side effects 10-15 years down the road.
I feel a little strange about it because, while I have had to mentally set myself up for chemo and possibly radiation I understood radiation to be the guarantee that I would be completely cured of Hodgkin's...and now I'm told I don't need it.
Dr L said early on he felt Chemo would be enough and didn't really want to administer Radiation, so I should be jumping up and down about this and inside I guess I am. But I'll feel better after my next CT scan when they find NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE and the remaining treatments are the guarantee I need.
5 down, 7 to go.
