I had my CT scan yesterday. MRI scheduled for today.
I am only one full week out since my last treatment. I don't think my body is beginning to repair itself yet, perhaps after next Tuesday (which would have been a treatment day). However, I am acutely aware of the "things" my body currently has wrong with it.
I read the following once: "One disease, long life. No diease, short life" and it makes perfect sense to me. I am listening to everything my body is telling me. Every ache, pain or twitch may or may not be anything to be concerned about, but being aware of them means I will likely "Catch" the next thing that could develop into a health issue.
The numbness in my right leg is about a month old now. (the MRI today is for that)-I agree with Dr L that it's a nerve issue, but I'm certain it's part of what I'm calling: My Chemo Fall Out.
The nerves in my leg may be damaged from the drugs. It's certainly a possibility. The joint pain in my left knee is still there to a degree and while I have had knee problems for years that too could be part of new long term damage caused by the chemo.
The only true test regarding any of this is when my body realizes the chemo has stopped and the repair work it begins to do. The result of what my body repairs and what it doesn't is what I'm left with...I guess.
I'm trying to do my part. I began taking Cod liver oil (pills), Fish oil and Garlic (pills) on Monday. I am drinking V8 now thereby adding more veggies than the ones I usually eat with dinner. (My wife who is a great cook in my opinion and is not afraid to experiment with cooking always has 3 pots on the stove. Meaning -unless it's pasta there is always a starch and a vegetable with dinner) We do have fairly balanced meals. The V8 should build on that. I am also about to start taking Apple Cider Vinegar by the spoon everyday as well. All these things are good for the body and I believe my body has been missing them to the point that I developed Cancer.
In the very near future I plan on "juicing" and the primary goal is to BOOST my immune system so if ever there is a chance a rogue cell goes haywire and decides to become cancerous my immune system can and will handle it.
I may not be the next Jack LaLanne but I may become a disciple of his. His mantra: "If man made it, don't eat it" screams volumes to me.
Raw foods, Live foods, in most cases Organic foods are the only way to go. Buying local, seeking out "grass fed" cattle and milk ie: organic and not Hormone injected beef and milk can only improve our lives.
Road side fruit and vegetable stands that can still be found here in Sussex county are quickly becoming our new grocery stores.
As far as I'm concerned now: if food has a shelf life...it will kill you.
