Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Body still hurts...

My CT scan came back fine.

My MRI however, seems to have located a herniated disc on my lower left side.

Denise (one of the head nurses) called as Dr L is on holiday...she advised me to contact a Neuro-Surgeon to further investigate the numbness (which is on the right side, not my left) and perhaps he can reconcile the herniated disc on the left with the numbness on the right.

I'm hoping for "no sugery required" if the first surgeon I consult suggests it, I'm getting a 2nd opinion. I DO NOT want to be cut open again.

As far as the escalating pain in my left leg which seems to be prinarily located in my knee and then radiates to my ankle and occasionally to my hip, Denise said that it can still be the chemo washing out of my system and it can also be "new" damage to already creaky knees brought on by the chemo. Chemo can lead to ostioperosis.

She said to give my body a couple of months, once it has had a chance to repair itself, we will see what I am left with.

At the moment I'm taking 3 Tylenol just to take the edge off. It hurts that much. I'm about to take 4.

So while my mind knows I am fine, no more cancer, no more chemo (today would have been a treatment day) my body is slow in catching up.

In October I will be 38. But right now my body feels like I'm 88.