July 3, 2007. My Last Infusion of Chemo came and went with no fan fare. It's over.
I developed a numb feeling in my right thigh between my last two treatments which Dr L didnt think was drug related. But he removed the Vinblastine anyway. He ordered an MRI to investigate the source of the numbness, he feels it's definitely nerve related, not Chemotheropy related.
The Oncology nurses felt otherwise. A couple of them verbally remarked that the Numbness was related as they hooked me up for my last treatment.
Who has it right? Dr or Nurse? I wonder.
In the meantime I'm writing this 5 days removed from that last treatment and feeling better everyday. The numbness is still there and not subsiding in the least. I also developed a severe pain in my left knee (joint pain??) that is typical of my treatments. It too has not subsided but seemes to be getting better, more or less everyday.
So as my focus returns to becoming a normal person again I have plans to alter my diet accordingly, arresting my intake of sugar, adding more veggies, water, activity and suppliments like Fish oils, Garlic, Flax Seed and such.
I told Dawn sitting in the waiting room on Tuesday, if this (cancer) ever shows up again...I'm not doing the chemo thing, I'm going whole foods, raw foods, live foods. 100% detox and that is part of what I start doing now. Total rewiring of my injestion of foods. A total life shake up.
I believe a lot of what is killing us is the foods we eat, followed by the way we eat.
It is common sense, EAT TO LIVE not the other way around. It's life or death and I came a little too close to playing with fate when they discovered the Cancer on my kidney, let alone the Lymphoma. Environmental carcinogens aside...I can't do anything about those. I can control what I eat and how I eat.
In the coming weeks Dawn and I are going to start the Weight Watcher's program she lost weight on before and after the kids. I need to drop some more weight and keep it off. I may well be on my way to being a total health nut. We'll see.
Anyway, I have a CT scan sceduled for next Tuesday and then I'm free until my next check up in October.
Back to (whatever) Normal is...
