It only took slightly longer than a week and two calls to my oncologists office to find out that my recent PET/CT was normal. I am still in remission with no reason to believe that will ever change. At least thats what the doctor who returned my call implied. Dr L was off when I finally got my call back and another dr actually called me to say...
"What ever you had is gone- your CT was normal."
"Oh no this scan was my 3rd one post treatment, it was just a check up, I've been in remission for 15 months"
"Good for you, looks like it's not coming back either."
The actual conversation escapes me now but that was the gist of it. He also worked in that I should be around for another 40 or 50 years. It happened so fast I'm surprised I remember this much.
The scans are getting to be old hat, but hearing that I am still in remission is good news. I just wish my oncologist would call sooner with that news.
But anyway...
Spent the weekend at Point Pleasant Beach. Drove down late Friday night and stayed at a small motel in Brick township about 15 minutes from PPB. Had a picture perfect day at the beach on Saturday. Spent about 6 hours in the sun (with plenty of sun screen on) and then spent about 4 hours on the boards that night playing a few games and letting the kids ride the rides til about midnight.
One unfortunate thing is the amount of trash washing up on shore- its horrible. And another thing...despite the amount of shells the kids collected mostly with my wife's help...all of the shells are in small pieces, except one. For the most part everything they picked up was a sliver or a chip of a shell. Nothing was intact.
This seems odd to me.
It rained this morning but we hit the boardwalk again anyway as my 4 year old son wanted to get some pictures of the sea gulls. Even though it was raining but it wasn't a hassle. If the kids weren't with us I would have sat my ass down an people watched all afternoon.
It was a fairly relaxing weekend all in all.
Got have more of those.
It's 9:31 PM as I type this and I am already plotting out the rest of night as it relates to tomorrow morning.
Back to the grind.
Be well.
