Sunday, August 31, 2008

Makin' T- shirts

My plan is too make and sell "ICANCERVIVED" tees to raise funds to establish a non-profit.

First off I need to sell them to get the word out there. I am building a website which will allow me to take orders and promote the shirts and other apparel (coming soon) and perhaps develop a website that will promote life after cancer.

Anyone who is in remission knows as I do that it is always in the back of your mind. Having had cancer leaves a tremendous mark on you and your family. But life after chemo and radiation doesn't have to be a hard adjustment.

When I was finally thru my treatments and in remission last year I felt like the world had moved ahead of me by 6 months or a year. Getting back to work was quick for me (i was lucky) but it may not be an easy transition for others.

There are days when I still feel like I lost a year of my life.

I would hope ICANCERVIVED.COM might provide information and inspiration to anyone who has cancer, just started treatment or is in remission.

"IT CAN BE BEATEN!"

Our attitude shouldn't just be "I can survive" but "I can survive... and did!" hence the extra "D"
It's all about beating cancer. It's as much mental as it is physical and emotional.

www.icancervived.com

I have an email address set up icancervived@gmail.com in case anyone wants to reach out and say 'HI" or order a shirt.


I know it's time for me to put being a patient behind me. The threat of recurrence is always there. It's human nature to feel that way. But my doctor told me after my last treatment...

"The cancer is gone, go back to your life, don't think like a patient. Go back to normal"

The underlying message of icancervived is "I had cancer...I am acknowledging it and moving on"


It's all about moving on. Moving forward and making progress.




Be well.
Send me an email.

Remission is not a cure but it's worth the fight.