I can't swim.
I am fascinated and terrified by the ocean.
I woke up one day and jotted the following down in one of my notebooks.
"My whole life seems to have been spent trying to get past the breakers. The white water waves that crash into the shore. I can't seem to swim past them, if I could, I have to believe life would be a little bit easier. I know the seas can be rough at times but a calm ocean at any time is better than always dealing with the breakers. They never let up."
It was a quick life analogy that seemed to fit me personally when I think back over my 37 years on this planet so far. (especially the last 6 months to say the least.)
It also reminded me that I haven't added any Everclear CDs to iTunes. They sing about "swimming past the breakers and watching the world die" in the first song I ever heard by them waaaaay back in 1995 called: "Santa Monica."
I dug out all my Everclear CDs this afternoon and that's what I'm doing right now.
I also noticed in the ride back from my parent's house this afternoon, listening to the stuff on my iPod that the song I blogged about a few months ago and offered a link to on the Lance Armstrong Foundation website called: "Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow" by a group called: WIDEAWAKE still gives me chills.
It's an extremely moving song and a cancer patient's anthem at the same time.
I have a loose collection of songs that seemed to fit my life since 12/19/06 that are sitting in playlist on Windows Media. I haven't set it up on iTunes yet. If I could raise money using these songs I would burn CDs and sell them. But something called copyright infringement keeps me from doing that. "Maybe Tonight. Maybe Tomorrow" is one of those songs.
Back to the drawing board...
