Sunday, May 13, 2007

8th treatment in the can...

Fourth attempt at posting here. Kept getting kicked off the 'net everytime I tried a few days ago.

I had my 8th treatment on Tuesday. 4 to go.

I have a CT scan scheduled for Wednesday of next week. This one should find me NED: No Evidence of Disease.

As far as treatments go, the 8th one was uneventful. It looks like I will not be getting the Heparin any more. The Head nurse and I discussed how I felt after my 7th treatment w/o the Heparin and I couldn't be happier. I still have lousy taste issues and the reflux and so forth but the lingering smells that made me nauseous don't exist when they don't use that chemical.

My weight is up, I started chemo about 20 lbs lighter and now find myself up 14 lbs. They blame that gain on the steroids in the drugs I am getting. Once I'm off the chemo I am going to have to rein that in. My appetite has spiked for a long time and as long as I feel okay I'm eating.

And lately I've been feeling okay a lot.

I also have to line up an Eye Dr because I mentioned that I occasionally see "flashes" out of the corner's of my eyes and the Head Nurse on staff blamed the same steroids again. It could be a side effect of the steroids driving my appetite.

I also see "squigley" shapes like seeing "spots" from time to time and I have often thought it was damage from the chemo. We'll see what an eye dr says.

Oh and my hair seems to be rebounding.

So far that's it. Looking for a "spotless" CAT scan on Wednesday and counting down to no more chemo by July 4.