Sunday, July 20, 2008

Still Kickin...

I have an appointment for my next PET/CT on tuesday 7/29/08. Most recently had a chest x-ray ordered by regular doctor because i've been feeling way under the weather and I had a sore throat and unexplainable cough. She thought perhaps I had a pneumonia she couldn't detect and of course my imagination jumped off a cliff...the last time she ordered something like that I found out I had cancer.

Needless to say my chest x-ray was clean but I am still dealing with a sore throat and occasional cough...I think it's allergies at this point. But hopefully the PET/CT doesn't uncover anything.

I am always discouraged when I learn about someone losing their battle with Cancer, unfortunately both Tony Snow and Bobby Murcer both lost their battles a week ago yesterday. That same weekend I read a lengthy article in the Herald News about a families fight with their insurance company after a woman's lifetime coverage had expired when her long standing battle with cancer hit a million dollars.

They cut her off. All I can do is shake my head...

Speaking of frustrations with insurance companies (but not on that level) I had to call and call and call again to schedule my PET/CT as hospital information and approvals were incorrect. First time I called I was told the hospital was out of network. Second time I called they were in network. Somewhere in between I was told about my $500.00 deductible due that day and the 70/30 split with the insurance company...70 me, 30 them. I wish there was a way to fix that monster. I wish there was a way to cover every single person without restrictions.

I wish things didn't have to be so complicated but they are because we have made them that way.

Everything mankind touches is screwed up. I could go off on a tirade here but I won't- right now.

I'll save that for another day.


Anyway...on a lighter note click on the Rick Springfield video/You Tube link on the side over there and enjoy a catchy new pop song that will be released on a new CD of his tuesday July 29th. (same day as my scan)



Have Fun.

Be Well.

Damn the Man!

...