PET/CT scheduled for tomorrow at 11am. I have to fast from 12 midnight on. Only allowed to have water. And get this...no carbs with my dinner tonight. Different hospital doing the scan, different rules for the scan.
I'm going to St Clares in Dover. Previously I have had all my scans done at Chilton Memorial in Pompton Plains.
I'm used to the process, just a little anxious which is typical before a scan. I am not anticipating anything to turn up. Dr L advised me on my last visit that there is nothing going on with me regarding cancer.
This my third scan of four planned for this year. Next year I should be down to two and then one a year each year following and probably one scan a year for the rest of my life.
I am considering returning to some form of cartooning, this time just for the hell of it. Since I have wasted decades "working on" an attempt at a professional submission and getting no where I have decided I need to have some fun again.
Cartooning stopped being fun a loooong time ago.
So I was spent some time a couple of nights ago picking thru some cartoons I drew last year trying to find my voice and an opinion worth expressing. It seems since last year I am not as pessimistic as I used to be, all things considered.
I was always a natural born cynic. Now I'm not so certain I see things as darkly any more. Having cancer quite possibly infused me with a shot of optimism because without a some what bright outlook I might not have overcome the cancer, which is both a mental and physical battle.
As I have learned all of the battles we fight are on the inside and a positive perspective always improves our chances of victory.
I will post my cartoons and what not here, like I said I am looking to have fun with it an not take it so seriously. No pressure. Any art I make from here on out is for me first...which is the way it should have always been.
Proof enough that when it becomes a job IT IS a job.
...be well.
