My new gig as a Service Advisor has me walking all over the dealership, I borrowed a pedometer and started tracking my steps...on Monday I walked 11,912 steps...that's 9.69 miles (this was a combination of work and home) On Tuesday I covered 8387 steps or 6.82 miles and today I took 10,160 steps or 8.27 miles (this number today was just at work)...
USAToday had an article in it's LIFE section a few days ago entitled "Action is louder than weight" it discussed how exercising cuts fat and keeps you healthier even if the pounds don't drop off.
It had a small quiz on the side that gauged your sedentary-ness...(I'm pretty sure that's not a word) and addition to the questions about how you spend your evenings (in front of the TV?) or if you have a desk job or how much yard work you do it included a way to tell if your steps are adding up to a healthy lifestyle...
According to USAToday taking fewer than 4,500 steps a day= Very Sedentary
4,500-5,500 steps a day= Sedentary
5,500-7,500= Headed in the right direction, need to step it up
8,500 and up= Active! stick with it.
To actually lose weight we need to march 12,000 steps or more a day.
It also mentioned you could acquire two pedometers for $14.95 from a Non Profit called: America on the Move by calling: 877-866-8663 or by going to dietchallenge.usatoday.com
I decided after spending the past Sunday in a lot of pain that movement seems to "take the edge off" as I took two separate walks that day to alleviate the pain by staying fluid.
It seems when I slow down or stop my joints and other odd bones seize up...
So I am hoping to drop a few pounds in the process of course and as the day wears on I still feel various levels of pain, but I seem to work through most of it by staying in motion.
It's almost stupid how simple this is. All those years I spent sitting behind a drawing table working on my "comic strip" ideas and not being active enough added on the pounds which might have contributed to my kidney cancer as obesity is attributed to causing kidney cancer as well as others.
I seem to be destined to have to deal with bone pain (thanks to the chemo and a herniated disk in my back)...maybe "walking through it" I will lose some weight as well. It can only be better for me in the long run.
** The herniated disk will be looked at pretty soon. That is getting to be a problem now.
Be well.
There is nothing on TV worth watching (there never is).
It's nice out...
Get off your butt and go for a walk!
