I have my 2nd Post Treatment CT scan scheduled for Monday at 430pm.
As the year began I started a list of things I want to accomplish (or work on) this year. Not a list of resolutions but a fairly large "to do list"... including, but not limited to:
Stay Cancer free
Watch less TV
Write more
Read more
Lose 20 lbs
Eat Better, Walk, get outside
Drink more tea, less coffee
Drink more water
Learn/study another language
Listen more, talk less
Give more, take less
Show, don't tell
Do justly, Show mercy, Walk humbly with my God
Say "I love you" more
Another thought (borrowed from the film: Peaceful Warrior)...Life has 3 rules:
Paradox: life is a mystery, don't waste your time trying to figure it out.
Humor: have a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond measure.
Change: know that nothing stays the same.
I have to believe if we can accept these 3 rules we can live with less problems knowing that there are just some things we will never understand about life and that above all else, nothing stays the same. And of course, having a sense of humor helps.
Life is choice, you can choose to be a victim or anything else you'd like to be.
There is no starting or stopping, only doing.
Get doing...
