I am so tired of talking and writing about cancer. It has most certainly screwed up most corners of my life. Cancer has destroyed and/or continues to destroy people I know and love. And I want to stand up and DO SOMETHING about it...but even the people who are standing up to it can't make it go away.
So all we are left with is opinions and stories and empathy and scars...emotional and physical.
Cancer will always be a part of my life. I have to get my scans and my check ups and I am reminded on so many levels what other problems exist because of my bout with cancer between
December 2006 and May 2007.
I am beginning to wonder if it's all worth it.
And I don't mean the individual fight to stay alive. But the running uphill pushing a bolder to find a cure...to raise funds and awareness and the relays for life and the books and the information and the web sites with good intentions and yellow wristbands and whatever else people do to fight and eradicate this disease.
We are not winning. Feels more like we are running in place trying to keep cancer occupied until we can figure out how to kill it.
We are exhausting ourselves, fighting only after we are attacked.
I'm tired of being ambushed.
I want to talk about something else.
I want it to go away and never come back...
...
