Just got a call from my Oncologist. My last PET/CT scan on thursday is clean. I am still in remission. No Evidence of Disease.
I think it's funny that on Dec 18th of this month I will be exactly 19 months in remission and the very next day is my 2 year anniversay of my original diagnosis. Kind of a slap in the face to the cancer I had.
But while this is a sweet relief for me and my family a parent to kid in my son's pre-school class was just diagnosed again yesterday. They know it's cancer but they don't know what cancer exactly. Of course they are devistated.
Just to make it sting more the cancer returned just as he would be considererd a 5 year survivor. A nasty reminder that life is a cruel, cruel bitch. And a stronger reminder to me to not ever get comfortable with my remission.
Obviously "Remission is NOT a cure" and we have to fight every day...every single day as if it were our last because we never know for sure...
