Tuesday, October 9, 2007

First CT scan (Post Treatment)...


I have my first (post treatment) CT scan on Wednesday 10/10/07 around 3pm.


We stopped by the hospital and picked up my TWO containers of Barium Sulfate Suspension. An orange flavored chalky "beverage" they make you drink 2 hours prior to the scan. I will be consuming these at work which will cut down on my down time in the hospital.
I have to admit I am kind of anxious about the scan but I'm sure everyone who approaches this first post treatment scan is. The fact that Cancer is still a part of your life is brought back to you- front and center.
I'm not expecting anything tomorrow but a lousy afternoon with a belly full of this orange flavored snot and an IV in my arm riding in and out of the CT machine at Chilton Memorial Hospital...
JOY!