I called the surgeon who inserted the Port-a-cath a week after my last treatment. I figured with enough notice I could line up a date in August roughly a month later and have it removed.
Unfortunately I couldn't get a call back to save my life. Lousy customer service is lousy customer service. After 3 attempts I called my Oncologist looking for another Surgeon's name. They suggested I use the same guy...they said they would talk to him and I would get a call back.
I got a message from someone at my Oncologists office telling me Dr L spoke to Dr S (the original surgeon) and I would most certainly get a call from Dr S's office before the day was over...
That was Monday. Today is Thursday.
It doesn't matter when his office calls or not because yesterday I lined up my own Surgeon to remove it. I called the Dr who had performed my neck biopsy waaaay back in December 2006. I have an appointment to see him on Aug 27 and will probably have the port removed on the 30th.
Thanks for nothing Dr S.
